1. When I__ money, I will buy a dictionary.
(a) may get (b) may be got
(c) will get (d) get
2. As the sun__, I decided to go out.
(a) shines (b) had shone
(c) shine (d) was shining
3. We could not buy anything because__ of the shops was open.
(a) all (b) no one
(c) none (d) nothing
4. 'Dead letter' means_
(a) Bad law (b) Law not in force
(c) Letter not in use (d) Old letter.
5. By and large means_
(a) Very large (b) Mostly
(c) Everywhere (d) Far away
6. A synonym of `Plight' is_
(a) air travel (b) fall
(c) cruise (d) suffering
7. Correct Antonym if the word 'shrivel' is__
(a) embrace (b) expand
(c) expole (d) enslave
8. Which was the oldest period in English literature?
(a) Anglo-Norman (b) Anglo-Saxon
(c) Chaucer's period (d) Middle Age
9. 'Silent woman' written by__
(a) John Ruskin (b) Ben Johnson
(c) Kalidas (d) John Milton
10. Tennyson's 'Memoriam' is_
(a) an elegy (b) an ode
(c) a sonnet (d) none of these
11. 'Boot leg' means_
(a) Distribute (b) Export
(c) smuggle (d) import
12. Find the correct use of with_
(a) My father was trembling with rage.
(b) I am cross with you
(c) She was very patient with me
(d) She was very nice with me
13. Passive of 'Pay the bill today'_
(a) The bill is to be paid today
(b) Let the bill be paid today
(c) The bill will be paid today
(d) The bill may be paid today
14. Which one is correct?
(a) The thickness of the books vary
(b) The thickness of the books is very
(c) The thickness of the books varies
(d) The thickness of the book vary
15. He__ to Chicago just a few months ago.
(a) has moved (b) had moved
(c) would moved (d) moved
16. Which word below can replace the following phrase 'went down'_
(a) Broke (b) Collapsed
(c) Shattered (d) Splintered
17. He said, 'Friends goodbye'.It's indirect form is_
(a) He bade his friends goodbye
(b) He told his friends goodbye
(c) He said goodbye to his friends
(d) He wished his friends goodbye
18. A person who studies the scientific development of language is a_
(a) Philatelist (b) Philanthropist
(c) Pharmacologist (d) Philologist
19. What is the verb of the world 'antagonism'?
(a) Antagonistic (b) Antagonistically (c) Antagonise (d) Antagonisely
20. 'To err is human, to forgive is divine' quoted by_
(a) J. Dryden (b) A. Tennyson
(c) Alexander Pope (d) W. Blake
মো. আব্দুল্লাহিল কাফী
অষ্টম স্থান অধিকারী, বিসিএস পুলিশ
২৯তম বিসিএস পরীক্ষা
1. d 2. d 3. c 4. b 5. b 6. d 7. b 8. b 9. b 10. a 11. c 12. a 13. b 14. c 15. d 16. b 17. a 18. d 19. c 20. c.