Sunday, March 11, 2012


Sentence Correction about Wrong use of Case

Today I will share you about another form of Sentence correction especially about wrong use of case. Helpful for those who are  students, preparing for job recruitment exam and written and MCQ test. Just read the examples below and boost your knowledge.
Example : Sentence Correction about Wrong use of Case

Inc: I want your reply at once.
Cor: I want a reply from you.
Inc:I shall take your leave.
Cor:I shall take leave of you.
Inc:I hope to have your good report.
Cor:I hope to have a good report of you.
Inc:I cannot bear your separation.
Cor : I cannot bear separation from you.
Inc: Follow in the steps who is wise
Cor: Follow in the steps of one who is wise.
Inc: Let he and I go.
Cor: Let him and me go.
Inc: Whom are you speaking of?
Cor: Who are you speaking of?
Inc: Everyone except I was present.
Cor: Everyone except me was present.
Inc: There is trouble between he and I.
Cor: There is trouble between him and me.
Inc: He is the man who, they say, arrested.
Cor: He is the man whom, they say, arrested.
Inc: Do you know who you are speaking to?
Cor: Do you know whom you are speaking to.
Inc: The College of whose principal he was is a renowned one.
Cor: The College of which he was the Principal is a renowned one.
Inc: I saw the man whom they thought was dead.
Cor: I saw the man who they thought was dead.  Or, I saw the man whom they thought was dead.
Inc : He is stronger than me.
Cor: He is stronger than I.
Inc: This matter should be discussed strictly between you and I.
Cor: This matter should be discussed strictly between you and me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting.